Ex’s and the oh, oh, oh’s they haunt episode one-hundred and eight, like ghosts they want it to make ’em all! On the one-hundred and eighth Box Angeles comedian Beth Stelling (The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail, @midnight) stops by Studio 309. She discusses being a state champion in speech’s humorous category, wanting to be a veterinarian, cutting her teeth in the Chicago stand-up scene, and more!
The BA #108 Breakdown
– Box rants DJs talking over song intros.
– Drinking and rituals and dehydration.
– Growing up in Dayton, OH and having a creative mother getting into music & gymnastics.
– Being a state champion in humorous speech and wanting to be a vet.
– Attending Miami (OH) for bachelor of arts & theatre and starting out in stand-up.
– Intern-ing at Steppenwolf in Chicago and taking over a stand-up show at Town Hall Pub.
– Odd jobs like bagels, landing Just For Laughs and relocating to LA.
– Continuing the successes in a new city and landing Conan.
– Beth describes what she does in three words.
– Beth answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Beth discusses who she enjoys to watch and who she’d like to work with.
– Beth’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Golden Road, Point the Way IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates DJs talking over songs. Follow him @boxangeles.