Focus on episode one-hundred and ten, f-f-focus on it! On the one-hundred and tenth Box Angeles actor Joel Spence (Key and Peele, Modern Family) stops by Studio 309. He discusses following his brother’s lead as a kid, attending SMU, moving to Minnesota to start a theatre company, studying in London, and more!
The BA #110 Breakdown
– Box rants single lines at grocery stores.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in San Antonio and attending both private / public schools.
– Getting the acting ‘bug’ and playing soccer, before attending SMU.
– Moving to Minnesota to start a theatre company and joining Theatre de la Jeune Lune.
– Agents / managers and heading to London to study.
– Re-locating to Los Angeles and getting started with student films.
– Jumping into UCB and getting onto television.
– Joel describes what he does in three words.
– Joel answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Joel discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Joel’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Golden Road, 329 Lager
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder thinks grocery stores should have one line. Follow him @boxangeles.