On the one-hundred and sixteenth Box Angeles writer Jack Allison (Jimmy Kimmel Live, Funny or Die) stops by Studio 309. He discusses being a Los Angeles townie, interning / teaching / performing at UCB, the ups and downs of writing, the working life at Funny or Die, and more!
The BA #116 Breakdown
– Box rants small letters in sports.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Born in NYC, growing up in LA and being a gregarious kid.
– Attending Grant High School and being a townie.
– LAN parties and getting a job at Maria’s Italian Kitchen.
– Getting into UCB classes before teaching / performing / interning there.
– Getting in at Gary Sanchez, later at Funny or Die and unemployment.
– Creating a talk show pilot and then working at Best Buy.
– Writing for Duck Dynasty & Pigman briefly and getting a manager / JKL.
– Jack describes what he does in three words.
– Jack answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Jack discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Jack’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Golden Road, 329 Lager
For more Jack, follow him on Twitter @jackallisonLOL.
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder thinks small letters on sports jerseys are dumb. Follow him @boxangeles.