On the one-hundred and nineteenth Box Angeles actor Pete Gardner (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Transformers) stops by Studio 309. He discusses traveling the world as a 20 year old, his time learning from Del Close, buying a house in Chicago just before moving, his mustache, and more!
The BA #119 Breakdown
– Box rants wearing sports jerseys snowboarding.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Scarsdale, NY and losing a dad.
– Attending American Academy of Performing Arts & Skidmore and then dropping out to travel the world alone.
– Moving to Chicago and getting in at iO w/ Del Close.
– Meeting with an agent, booking commercials and changing names.
– Directing at Second City, buying a house and moving to LA.
– Getting into television starting with Arliss and Home Improvement.
– The mustache and leaving his comfort zone for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
– Pete describes what he does in three words.
– Pete answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Pete discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Pete’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Golden Road, 329 Lager
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates sports jerseys on mountains. Follow him @boxangeles.