On the one-hundred and twentieth Box Angeles writer / director Alex Fernie (Childrens Hospital, Bajillion Dollar Propertie$) stops by Studio 309. He discusses growing up on a horse farm, discovering improv at high school in Rhode Island, attending Vassar College, working for a night club, and more!
The BA #120 Breakdown
– Box rants turning off email notifications.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in New Hampshire and growing up on a horse farm.
– Moving to Rhode Island and getting into improv at an artsy school.
– Going to Vassar College to major in history and meeting Alex Berg & Todd Fasen
– Creating Convoy and moving to Los Angeles right after graduation.
– Taking classes at iO West and working at a night club.
– Convoy’s run at UCB and meeting Tom Lennon & Ben Garant.
– Selling pilots and working at Funny or Die learning directing.
– Alex describes what he does in three words.
– Alex answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Alex discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Alex’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Golden Road, 329 Lager
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder thinks everyone should turn off their phone’s email notifications. Follow him @boxangeles.