On the one-hundred and twenty-first Box Angeles musician ‘Nice’ Peter Shukoff (Epic Rap Battles of History, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water) stops by Studio 309. He discusses studying Irish dance as a kid, attending Fredonia State University for a time, discovering improv, balding, open mics in Chicago, and more!
The BA #121 Breakdown
– Box rants single riders line.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Rochester, NY and being an Irish dancer as a kid.
– Picking up a guitar in high school and attending Fredonia State University.
– Joining the college improv team, mixing music / comedy and dropping out.
– Going bald, moving to an improv house in Long Island and odd jobs.
– Moving to Chicago, getting into iO classes and landing Mission Improvable.
– Doing open mics, traveling / touring to perform and landing a manager.
– Moving to Los Angeles, about to give up and meeting Dante Cimadamore.
– Landing a gig at Maker Studios and the ‘Nice Peter’ origin.
– Starting ERB and what the future entails.
– Peter describes what he does in three words.
– Peter answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Peter discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Peter’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer – Saint Archer, Hoppy Pilsner & Drake’s 1500 Dry Hopped American Pale Ale
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder always uses the single riders line. Follow him @boxangeles.