On the one-hundred and twenty-fourth Box Angeles comedian Rory Scovel (Conan, Not Safe with Nikki Glaser) stops by Studio 309. He discusses losing a mother at an early age, being a hyper class clown, playing soccer in college, and more!
The BA #124 Breakdown
– Box rants Big Macs.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Greenville, South Carolina and losing mom at a young age.
– Many siblings, religion and being a hyper class clown.
– Playing sports and doing a single school play.
– Attending University of Central Florida to play soccer and transferring to USC Upstate.
– Studying film / communications and making short movies as a kid.
– Working in a newsroom after graduating and doing stand-up at Guitar Bar.
– Moving to DC and working for the department of defense …
– Getting into New Faces, moving to NYC and getting representation.
– Touring in Canada and switching coasts
– Landing Live at Gotham and favorite venue.
– Rory describes what he does in three words.
– Rory answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Rory discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Rory’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer – Angel City, IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder doesn’t understand the Big Mac. Follow him @boxangeles.