On the one-hundred and twenty-fifth Box Angeles director Zack Bornstein (Jimmy Kimmel Live!) stops by Studio 309. He discusses being an annoying kid, making Handycam videos, attending Brown University, and more!
The BA #125 Breakdown
– Box rants “reading” audio books.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Seattle and being an overweight, annoying kid.
– Making Handycam movies and convincing school to make a video class.
– Dabbling in tennis and attending Brown University studying neuroscience.
– Accidentally finding comedy & sketch via the activities fair and starting in stand-up.
– Moving to NYC and starting the sketch group Garlic Jackson.
– Working as a Late Show page and making industrial vids for a textbook company.
– Landing an agent, submitting packets and hearing from Jimmy Kimmel.
– Living in an LA hotel and landing a UCB sketch team.
– Zack describes what he does in three words.
– Zack answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Zack discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Zack’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer – Stone, Pale Ale 2.0
For more Zack follow him on Twitter @ZackBornstein.
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder doesn’t think you ‘read’ audio books. Follow him @boxangeles.