On the one-hundred and twenty-sixth Box Angeles writer Alison Bennett (You’re The Worst, The Awesomes) stops by Studio 309. She discusses growing up writing / acting, attending Syracuse University, studying abroad in London, life in NYC, and more!
The BA #126 Breakdown
– Box rants posting links to Facebook.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Lewisburg, PA around Amish country and being a dark kid.
– Writing & acting as youth and attending Syracuse University.
– Studying abroad in England and moving to NYC to study.
– Getting into improv and temp jobs like reception / HR for an income.
– Learning under the likes of Donald Glover and getting a manager.
– Small writing gigs, flying to LA for meetings and landing Betas.
– You’re The Worst and her pilot scripts.
– Alison describes what she does in three words.
– Alison answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Alison discusses who she enjoys to watch and who she’d like to work with.
– Alison’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer – Belching Beaver, Hop Highway IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder doesn’t understand how people don’t know how to link on Facebook. Follow him @boxangeles.