On the one-hundred and thirtieth Box Angeles improviser Mary Sasson (UCB) stops by Studio 309. She discusses growing up full of energy, having no discipline as a child, discovering improv at the University of North Carolina, and more!
The BA #130 Breakdown
– Box rants Snapchat custom geofilters.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Pittsburgh and being in a large religious family yet without discipline.
– Being a ball of energy and being involved in athletics.
– Studying hard in high school and participating in congress & debate.
– Attending University of North Carolina for pre-med and walking on the rowing team.
– Discovering improv and starting stand-up.
– Working for AmeriCorp after graduation and then moving to Los Angeles.
– Diving head first into UCB and odd jobs.
– Mary describes what she does in three words.
– Mary answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Mary discusses who she enjoys to watch and who she’d like to work with.
– MAry’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer – Lagunitas, The Waldos’ Special Ale
For more Mary, follow her on Twitter @marysasson.
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates Snapchat filters. Follow him @boxangeles.