On the one-hundred and thirty-second Box Angeles actor Molly Ephraim (Paranormal Activity 2, Royal Pains) stops by Studio 309. She discusses being a bossy older sister, growing up around a pet food store, landing on Broadway as a teenager, stepping away to attend Princeton, survival jobs like working at a lingerie store, and more!
The BA #132 Breakdown
– Box rants ride share drivers not turning on music.
– Drinking and rituals and bird watching.
– Growing up in Bucks County PA and being a bossy older sister.
– Getting into community theater after ballet and a family trip to the Galapagos.
– Becoming a professional actor at 13 and quickly making it on Broadway.
– Into the Woods and missing school to instead be tutored.
– A brief LA trip and ice cream & Letterman.
– Moving to NYC, shooting a pilot and some commercials before Fiddler on the Roof.
– Taking a break to attend Princeton University and studying religion.
– Participating in the Triangle Club and odd jobs like working at an NYC lingerie store.
– Moving to LA for pilot season and the success of Last Man Standing.
– Molly describes what she does in three words.
– Molly answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Molly discusses who she enjoys to watch and who she’d like to work with.
– Molly’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer – Lagunitas, IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates ride share drivers not playing the radio. Follow him @boxangeles.