On the one-hundred and thirty-third Box Angeles writer / improviser Nick Mandernach (Comedy Bang! Bang!, UCB) stops by Studio 309. He discusses growing up as a twin, life in Sherman Oaks as a teenager, and more!
The BA #133 Breakdown
– Box rants pressing buttons multiple times.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Southern California and life as a twin.
– Being a mean kid and attending Grant High School.
– Making video sketches and doing open mics.
– Attending CSUN Northridge for psychology and working as a behaviorist.
– Discovering UCB and getting on a Harold team.
– Landing some paid writing gigs and fear of haircuts.
– Agents and ‘Legitimate Goddamn Theatre’.
– Nick describes what he does in three words.
– Nick answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Nick discusses who he enjoys to watch and who he’d like to work with.
– Nick’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer – Angel City, IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder presses buttons a lot. Follow him @boxangeles.