On the one-hundred and thirty-sixth Box Angeles actor Meryl Hathaway (Veep, 2 Broke Girls) stops by Studio 309. She discusses being an obnoxious kid, being on a jump rope team, attending Ohio State University, and more!
The BA #136 Breakdown
– Box rants lie detectors in court rooms.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Maryland and not having a father in her life.
– Being an obnoxious whistle blower and participating in dance.
– Getting into a jump rope team and joining theatre.
– Attending Ohio State and moving to NYC right after graduation.
– Hitting up casting workshops and getting an agent / booking commercials.
– Working odd jobs, getting into UCB and moving to Los Angeles.
– Making your own content and getting into TV / film.
– Meryl describes what she does in three words.
– Meryl answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Meryl discusses who she enjoys to watch and who she’d like to work with.
– Meryl’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Belgian Wit
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder thinks lie detectors should be mandatory in court. Follow him @boxangeles.