On the one-hundred and forty-second Box Angeles actor Ingrid Haas (Comedy Bang! Bang!, Bajillion Dollar Propertie$) stops by Studio 309. She discusses growing up in Canada, getting into comedy with her musical duo Charity & Chastity, struggles before success, selling a pilot to Chelsea Handler, and more!
The BA #142 Breakdown
– Box rants sharing.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Toronto and getting into / causing trouble as a kid.
– Attending an arts high school and attending Ryerson University.
– Starting the musical duo Charity & Chastity and starting to do some theatre.
– Landing Degrassi and getting the Visa to move to Los Angeles.
– Ingratiating at Funny or Die and putting up a one woman show to get reps.
– Odd jobs, struggling and selling a show to Chelsea Handler’s company.
– Ingrid describes what she does in three words.
– Ingrid answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Ingrid discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Ingrid’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Hollywood Pilsner
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder is a fan of sharing principles. Follow him @boxangeles.