On the one-hundred and forty-fourth Box Angeles actor Andree Vermeulen (New Girl, The Birthday Boys) stops by Studio 309. She discusses having an alcoholic father, her struggles at first to find an agent, her one woman show, and more!
The BA #144 Breakdown
– Box rants the windows in backseats.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Strasburg, PA and leaving with her mother.
– Getting into dance and real acting versus other stuff.
– Attending Marymount Manhattan College and struggling to find an agent.
– Getting involved at UCB and getting very good at waitressing & makeup.
– Suddenly booking a bunch of commercials and performing a one person show.
– Following a boy to LA, being on a maude team and auditioning for SNL.
– Landing a How To Train Your Dragon VO gig and Angie Tribeca.
– Andree describes what she does in three words.
– Andree answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Andree discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Andree’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder can’t see out the window in a backseat. Follow him @boxangeles.