On the one-hundred and forty-fifth Box Angeles comedian Cameron Esposito (Maron, Drunk History) stops by Studio 309. She discusses being a weird kid, going all in with Catholicism, starting out in improv before stand up, and more!
The BA #145 Breakdown
– Box rants people leaving clothes in laundry rooms.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in the idyllic Western Springs outside Chicago and being a weird, outsider.
– Getting into Catholicism and attending Boston College for theology.
– Social justice, rugby and doing improv.
– Graduating, tutoring and starting out at improv asylum
– Moving to Chicago and attending the University of Chicago for social work.
– Creating a show at the Gorilla Tango theatre and working at the Lincoln Lodge.
– Driving to Los Angeles and starting the Put Your Hands Together podcast.
– Cameron describes what she does in three words.
– Cameron answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Cameron discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Cameron’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates touching other people’s stacks of laundry. Follow him @boxangeles.