On the one-hundred and forty-sixth Box Angeles improviser Brian James O’Connell (Bloodsucking Bastards , Angry White Man) stops by Studio 309. He discusses how he does improv constantly, growing up in North Carolina, being a weird kid, and more!
The BA #146 Breakdown
– Box rants free minutes on parking meters.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in High Point, North Carolina and being a weird kid.
– Getting into debate / forensics and playing in bands.
– Sneaking out to stand up and attending film school at North Carolina School of the Arts.
– Working as a production coordinator at alma mater and moving to LA.
– Working in pool halls and depression from a relationship.
– Discovering improv and the Dr God origins.
– Getting representation, odd jobs and Bloodsucking Bastards.
– Brian describes what he does in three words.
– Brian answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Brian discusses what content he consumes and who he’d like to work with.
– Brian’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Hollywood Pilsner
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder loves free parking meter minutes. Follow him @boxangeles.