On the one-hundred and forty-eighth Box Angeles improviser Holly Laurent (Drunk History, Key and Peele) stops by Studio 309. She discusses growing up in a Christian family, doing bits as a kid, doing children’s theater in Indianapolis, landing the Second City main stage, and more!
The BA #148 Breakdown
– Box rants ‘we’ll cut that part out’.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Michigan and the family christian rock band Good News Circle.
– Doing bits as a kid and being weird, white trash.
– Having low self esteem, dabbling in sports and getting into props / make up.
– Rebelling while attending Anderson University and getting into theater.
– Doing children’s theater in Indianapolis and moving to Chicago for improv.
– The SNL audition and starting out at Second City, iO.
– Working at a church doing children’s programming, touring and then main stage.
– Getting an agent / manager and moving to Los Angeles.
– Holly describes what she does in three words.
– Holly answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Holly discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Holly’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates when they say ‘we’ll cut that part out’. Follow him @boxangeles.