On the one-hundred and fifty-third Box Angeles improviser Jessica Jardine (Comedy Bang! Bang!, The Birthday Boys) stops by Studio 309. She discusses being a social kid, writing for her college newspaper, feeling like a degenerate in NYC, and more!
The BA #153 Breakdown
– Box rants calling out audience size.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Born in Rochester, MN, but growing up in the Bay Area and being social.
– Class president and skipping a grade.
– Attending UC Santa Barbara for journalism and being the arts section editor of the paper.
– Moving to NYC and interning at Bust magazine.
– Going back home, before grad school at USC and interning for The Onion.
– Full time for AV Club, starting at UCB and becoming a television story editor.
– Getting an agent and auditioning.
– Jessica describes what she does in three words.
– Jessica answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Jessica discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Jessica’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hate people who call out small audience size. Follow him @boxangeles.