On the one-hundred and fifty-fifth Box Angeles comedian Jimmy Pardo (Conan, @midnight) stops by Studio 309. He discusses growing up on the Southside of Chicago, working for a record label, declaring bankruptcy, doing a commercial campaign for a mall, and more!
The BA #155 Breakdown
– Box rants cutting pizzas.
– Drinking and sobriety and rituals.
– Growing up in the South side of Chicago and being a funny kid.
– Doing all the theater and being in a band.
– Briefly attending the American Academy of the Arts in Pasadena and then working for MCA records.
– Starting in open mics, emceeing, touring and switching to an improvisation set.
– Moving to Los Angeles, a commercial campaign for a mall and bankruptcy.
– Getting into SAG and later becoming the warm up comic for Conan.
– Jimmy describes what he does in three words.
– Jimmy answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Jimmy discusses what content he consumes and who he’d like to work with.
– Jimmy’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder cuts frozen pizzas on the box. Follow him @boxangeles.