On the one-hundred and fifty-seventh Box Angeles actor Mouzam Makkar (The Vampire Diaries, American Horror Store) stops by Studio 309. She discusses growing up in the United Arab Emirates, studying finance, climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, the last time she got headshots, and more!
The BA #157 Breakdown
– Box rants earbuds.
– Drinking and rituals and dark chocolate.
– Growing up in the United Arab Emirates, moving to Indiana and thinking Americans lived like movies.
– Dancing, theatre and first kiss being on stage.
– Attending Illinois University for journalism and interning in Seattle.
– Graduating early after switching majors to finance and working in Chicago.
– Taking a break, hiking Mount Kilimanjaro and re-discovering performance.
– Getting into improv classes and booking Chicago shows.
– Moving to Los Angeles and having a manager / agent waiting.
– Headshots and resumes.
– Mouzam describes what she does in three words.
– Mouzam answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Mouzam discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Mouzam’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder can’t find good earbuds. Follow him @boxangeles.