On the one-hundred and sixty-first Box Angeles improviser Beth Appel (Comedy Bang! Bang!, Adam Ruins Everything) stops by Studio 309. She discusses acting a lot as a kid, attending Vassar College, how she always ends up working as a leader, and more!
The BA #161 Breakdown
– Box rants Uber meter.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Denver and acting as a kid including KidSkits and Studio D.
– Attending Vassar College and running the drama club.
– Doing sketch with Happily Ever Laughter and traveling Europe solo.
– Moving to NYC and getting into Chicago City Limits / UCB.
– Working as an event planner, legal assistant and booking some commercials.
– Being hit in the face by a homeless person and moving to LA for a boy.
– Harold team, commercial agent and solo shows.
– Becoming Artistic Director and Hey Girl.
– Beth describes what she does in three words.
– Beth answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Beth discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Beth’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder has bad business ideas. Follow him @boxangeles.