On the one-hundred and sixty-third Box Angeles actor Amy Heidt (Adam Ruins Everything, The Office) stops by Studio 309. She discusses starting out very dramatic in acting, never finding an agent or manager, the process of making short films, and more!
The BA #163 Breakdown
– Box rants 2016 being the “worst year ever”.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in North Carolina / Virginia and being an awkward, nerd.
– Getting into theatre, being very dramatic and learning different aspects.
– Attending the University of North Carolina and doing mask work.
– Moving to NYC, finding UCB and waiting tables.
– Never having an agent / manager and knowing casting directors.
– Bringing a solo show to LA and making short films.
– Amy describes what she does in three words.
– Amy answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Amy discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Amy’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder doesn’t think 2016 was that bad. Follow him @boxangeles.