On the one-hundred and sixty-fifth Box Angeles actor Dan Gill (Drunk Wedding, The Office) stops by Studio 309. He discusses coming from a family of circus performers, starting out in stand up, being repped by CAA out the gate, and more!
The BA #165 Breakdown
– Box rants big vehicles parking in LA.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Iowa and having a family of circus performers.
– Making movies as a kid and playing drums.
– Attending U of Iowa comparative literature / cinema w/ a minor in pre-dental before dropping out.
– Cutting reels while working at a movie theater and moving to Los Angeles.
– Starting doing standup in Westwood, making more videos and UCB classes.
– A short film club, leads to meeting a casting director and leads to booking Drunk Wedding.
– Getting an agent, commercials and dry spells.
– Working as a story editor / PA, the squad and the State Farm spots.
– Dan describes what he does in three words.
– Dan answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Dan discusses what content he consumes and who he’d like to work with.
– Dan’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder doesn’t like big vehicles parking in small spots. Follow him @boxangeles.