On the one-hundred and sixty-sixth Box Angeles improviser Dave Theune (Superstore, Fresh Off The Boat) stops by Studio 309. He discusses growing up in a small Wisconsin town, doing ComedySportz in Milwaukee for eight years, landing a Stanley Steamer campaign after moving to LA, and more!
The BA #166 Breakdown
– Box rants UPS not dropping off at his apartment.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up north of Milwaukee and performing as much as one could in a small town.
– Attending UW Oshkosh before transferring to UW Milwaukee and discovering ComedySportz.
– Working odd jobs in Milwaukee and doing improv at night for 12 years.
– Driving to Chicago to take iO classes and moving to Los Angeles.
– Getting into UCB, being in a comfortable funk and a marriage ending.
– Landing a commercial agent and booking a Stanley Steamer campaign.
– Some survival jobs and getting the first theatrical gig on Up All Night.
– Acting classes, Funny Or Die and getting in the union with an ESPN commercial.
– Dave describes what he does in three words.
– Dave answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Dave discusses what content he consumes and who he’d like to work with.
– Dave’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates his UPS driver. Follow him @boxangeles.