On the one-hundred and sixty-seventh Box Angeles comedian Amy Miller (Last Comic Standing) stops by Studio 309. She discusses attending University of California, Berkeley, why she got into stand up despite her social anxiety, living in Portland, and more!
The BA #167 Breakdown
– Box rants eating ice cream.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in the Oakland area and having stage fright but always being in the choir.
– Attending University of California, Berkeley and majoring in sociology.
– Social anxiety and working multiple odd jobs, before getting into tech / music.
– Starting stand up at 29 in a laundry mat and beginning to produce / host shows.
– Moving to Portland and landing Last Comic Standing.
– Transitioning to Los Angeles and trying to get a manager.
– Amy describes what she does in three words.
– Amy answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Amy discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Amy’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder scrapes the ice cream bowl. Follow him @boxangeles.