On the one-hundred and seventy-first Box Angeles comedian Mo Welch (Life in Pieces) stops by Studio 309. She discusses always liking change, attending Wyoming University, her start in stand up, and more!
The BA #171 Breakdown
– Box rants directors barking direction.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Illinois and loving, embracing change after parents divorced.
– Playing sports and skipping school
– Attending University of Wyoming to major in photo journalism and working at the newspaper as an editorial cartoonist.
– Driving to Denver to try comedy and sucking for a long time.
– Dropping out and going back to Chicago, starting shows.
– Moving to LA, struggles to get representation and paid.
– Showcases and theatrical gigs.
– Mo describes what she does in three words.
– Mo answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Mo discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Mo’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder likes when directors are specific. Follow him @boxangeles.