On the one-hundred and seventy-sixth Box Angeles writer Laura Chinn (The Mick, Grandfathered) stops by Studio 309. She discusses growing up in the crazy world of Florida, dropping out of high school, Boom Chicago, and more!
The BA #176 Breakdown
– Box rants internet net worths.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Born in Los Angeles but growing up in Florida.
– Dealing with a divorce and getting into dance / performance.
– The perils of Florida and dropping out of high school.
– Working random odd jobs like spa, telemarketing, Hooters and getting agents around the state.
– Losing a brother, moving back / forth to LA, and booking a NBC/Universal pilot at Disney.
– Sending out headshots, getting an agent and booking the first audition for a horror movie.
– More odd jobs, regular drama gigs, and transitioning into comedy.
– Taking Groundlings / UCB classes and getting a writer mentor.
– Learning via a producer assistant gig and landing Boom Chicago.
– A literary agent and Flintstones opens writing gig floodgates.
– Laura describes what she does in three words.
– Laura answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Laura discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Laura’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates internet net worths. Follow him @boxangeles.