On the one-hundred and seventy-seventh Box Angeles actor Anna Konkel (New Girl, Maron) stops by Studio 309. She discusses growing up in New England, attending NYU, getting invovled in experimental theater, the time she considered quitting acting, and more!
The BA #177 Breakdown
– Box rants weather reports (and Anna guest rants driving).
– Drinking and rituals.
– Born in Vermont, but growing up in Massachusetts and doing community theater.
– A trip to NYC that changed the life and random auditions for commercials in Boston.
– Booking a No Drugs gig and attending NYU’s Tisch.
– Switching emphasis from musical theater to playwrights horizons to reality show.
– Getting into experimental theater and working waitressing odd jobs.
– Taking a long trip to India to think about life and starting to write, be proactive.
– Acting in a comedic web series and then moving to LA to make own content.
– Creating Project Reality and getting agents / managers.
– Auditioning, more odd jobs and booking stuff like Rosewood.
– Anna describes what she does in three words.
– Anna answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Anna discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Anna’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder finds weather reports humorous. Follow him @boxangeles.