On the one-hundred and seventy-eighth Box Angeles actor William Jackson Harper (The Blacklist, 30 Rock) stops by Studio 309. He discusses being a shy kid, growing up in Dallas, attending the College of Santa Fe, thinking about giving up, and more!
The BA #178 Breakdown
– Box rants flushing before finished.
– Drinking and rituals and union name.
– Growing up in Dallas and being a shy kid who hid a lot.
– Getting involved in local theatre and attending a thespian festival in Abilene.
– Attending the College of Santa Fe and moving home after graduation.
– Working towards an Equity card and working at a book store.
– Moving to NYC and finding a community in Ensemble Studio Theatre.
– Getting representation and landing a Broadway role in All The Way.
– Getting into TV, considering stepping away from acting and avoiding LA.
– Will describes what he does in three words.
– Will answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Will discusses what content he consumes and who he’d like to work with.
– Will’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder flushes before he has finished. Follow him @boxangeles.