On the one-hundred and eightieth Box Angeles writer Tracey Wigfield (30 Rock, The Mindy Project) stops by Studio 309. She discusses acting as a child growing up in New Jersey, attending Boston College, working as a writer’s PA, and more!
The BA #180 Breakdown
– Box rants booking something, but apparently not booking it.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in New Jersey and acting / dancing as a kid.
– Always attending Catholic schools including an all-girl high school and doing theatre.
– Making short films and attending Boston College.
– Not doing improv, Pleasure Island and moving back home after graduation.
– Working as a page at the Late Show and being a writer’s PA at Knights of Prosperity.
– Turning that into a 30 Rock writer’s assistant and moving up to a staff writer.
– Getting into UCB, winning an Emmy and moving to LA.
– The first pilot creating Great News and the process of landing representation.
– Tracey describes what she does in three words.
– Tracey answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Tracey discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Tracey’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder as it turns out didn’t book that thing. Follow him @boxangeles.