On the one-hundred and eighty-second Box Angeles actor Jamie Denbo (Daddy’s Home, Spy) stops by Studio 309. She discusses finding improv in college, working at Disney World, and more!
The BA #182 Breakdown
– Box rants parking at the Greek / Griffith.
– Drinking and rituals and auditioning.
– Growing up outside Boston and being different in a difficult childhood.
– Side bar, having a family as an artist and performing in a lot of musical theatre as a kid.
– Attending Boston University and discovering a love for improv.
– Getting into the Renaissance Faire and doing street performance at Disney World.
– Pivoting improv into Pleasure Island and moving to New York City.
– Starting out with Chicago City Limits and being taught by the UCB4.
– Booking commercials, a pilot and a few odd jobs like teaching.
– Sex and the City and a one woman show in Aspen.
– Moving to Los Angeles and at first missing not having a home base in UCB.
– Jamie describes what she does in three words.
– Jamie answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Jamie discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Jamie’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder doesn’t understand paid parking in public parks. Follow him @boxangeles.