On the one-hundred and eighty-third Box Angeles author Sara Benincasa (Agorafabulous!: Dispatches from My Bedroom, DC Trip) stops by Studio 309. She discusses growing up with mental health issues, getting her masters degree in teaching, making the leap into stand up, and more!
The BA #183 Breakdown
– Box rants online stores not showing the multiple colors.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in New Jersey and having mental health issues.
– Being a baton twirler, a brief stint in Boston and attending Warren Wilson College in Carolina.
– Getting a masters degree at Columbia University and starting out in stand up.
– Landing a gig with SiriusXM and various odd / writing jobs.
– Doing a one woman show and turning that into her first book.
– The process of adapting a book and moving to Los Angeles for the first time.
– Sara describes what she does in three words.
– Sara answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Sara discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Sara’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
Guest Beer – Lagunitas, Hop Stoopid
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder likes all the colors on display. Follow him @boxangeles.