On the one-hundred and eighty-fourth Box Angeles writer Colleen McGuinness (Friends from College, 30 Rock) stops by Studio 309. She discusses sobriety, being raised by her grandparents, attending Harvard, working in offices after first moving to Los Angeles, and more!
The BA #184 Breakdown
– Box rants why the number pads are different on phones / keyboards.
– Drinking and sobriety and rituals.
– Growing up on Long Island and being raised by grandparents.
– Being forced to watch TV by an older sister and getting involved in theatre.
– Playing tennis and attending Harvard University.
– Directing school plays and having an internship following a director in LA.
– Moving permanently to Los Angeles and working as a receptionist at Castle Rock.
– Then becoming an assistant at New Line and getting a short film produced.
– Landing an agent / manager, writing on Miss Match and taking a break to do film.
– Traveling to NYC to do 30 Rock, writing the video game Sprung and developing.
– Colleen describes what she does in three words.
– Colleen answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Colleen discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Colleen’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus Kumquat IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder doesn’t understand keypads. Follow him @boxangeles.