On the one-hundred and eighty-eighth Box Angeles actor Ginger Gonzaga (I’m Dying Up Here, Togetherness) stops by Studio 309. She discusses participating in debate in high school, starting out at Groundlings, odd jobs like shoe fittings, and more!
The BA #188 Breakdown
– Box rants not having one line at the grocery store.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Modesto CA and spending a lot of time at church.
– Competing at nationals in debate and student government.
– Attending UC Santa Barbara, minoring in Chinese and taking one acting class.
– Finishing early to get out and signing up for the Groundlings.
– Moving to Los Angeles after a China trip and odd jobs like Nordstrom, Cheesecake Factory.
– Getting into stand up at The Improv and getting an agent, booking commercials.
– Landing theatrical gigs and hosting The Morning After.
– Becoming a series regular in Mixology and having a steady run.
– Ginger describes what she does in three words.
– Ginger answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Ginger discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Ginger’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus Kumquat IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder doesn’t understand grocery lines. Follow him @boxangeles.