On the one-hundred and ninty-first Box Angeles writer Brendan O’Brien (The House, Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising) stops by Studio 309. He discusses playing basketball, attending Georgetown, being an assistant, and more!
The BA #191 Breakdown
– Box rants poker chip values.
– Drinking and rituals and hacks.
– Growing up in Scarsdale, NY and watching movies he shouldn’t have been.
– Playing basketball and doing a bunch of creative writing.
– School in the city, summer on the beach and attending Georgetown.
– Starting in accounting, but switching to English and having a tough professor.
– Meeting the wife and moving to Los Angeles.
– PA on Bette and working as a waiter.
– Landing an assistant gig on The 40 Year Old Virgin and making a short film.
– Getting a manager and selling scripts.
– Co-producing Funny People and pitching to Seth Rogen / Evan Goldberg.
– Brendan describes what he does in three words.
– Brendan answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Brendan discusses what content he consumes and who he’d like to work with.
– Brendan’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Narcissus Kumquat IPA
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder hates the $20 bill. Follow him @boxangeles.