On the one-hundred and ninety-eighth Box Angeles actor Monica Barbaro (Chicago Justice, UnReal) stops by Studio 309. She discusses doing ballet as a kid, attending NYU, pivoting into acting, getting into SAG via her hands, and more!
The BA #198 Breakdown
– Box Q&A.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Mill Valley, CA and handling a parents divorce.
– Fighting for the family’s attention and getting involved with dance as a kid.
– Flirting with acting and attending NYU for ballet.
– Moving back to SF to pivot into acting and finding some success in commercials / industrials.
– Taking classes at Beverly Hills Playhouse and getting momentum with “It’s Not About the Nail”.
– Moving to Los Angeles and asking for things.
– Monica describes what she does in three words.
– Monica answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Monica discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Monica’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Untitled Pilsner
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder will answer any of your questions if you ask. Follow him @boxangeles.