On the one-hundred and ninety-ninhth Box Angeles actor Oscar Montoya (Rad Lands, I Want My Phone Back) stops by Studio 309. He discusses growing up in Colombia, dancing as a kid, his reluctant start in improv and more!
The BA #199 Breakdown
– Box rants football coaches messing with kickers.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in a mixed raced family in Colombia and dancing as a kid.
– Moving to NYC and being picked on.
– Attending SUNY for dance until an injury and odd jobs in the city.
– Getting convinced to take improv, the PIT and UCB.
– Having an agent, booking commercials and moving to Los Angeles.
– “Taking a step back” moving back to NYC and landing some TV shows.
– Oscar describes what he does in three words.
– Oscar answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Oscar discusses what content he consumes and who he’d like to work with.
– Oscar’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Untitled Pilsner
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder dreams about playing football. Follow him @boxangeles.