On the two-hundred and first Box Angeles actor Laura Harrison (Weeds, Sing It!) stops by Studio 309. She discusses growing in up Chicago, acting in theatre as a kid, spending pilot season in LA as a high schooler, and more!
The BA #201 Breakdown
– Box rants agents calling after you leave.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Highland Park outside Chicago and doing little kid businesses.
– Starting acting in The Secret Garden and finding successes early.
– Child actor finance and schooling, tutors.
– Branching out into television and spending pilot season in Hollywood.
– First trying meat in a McDonald’s commercial and attending Northwestern.
– Odd jobs, moving to Los Angeles and tough to leave Chicago.
– Theatrical audition and asking for things.
– Laura describes what she does in three words.
– Laura answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Laura discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Laura’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Untitled Pilsner
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder watches too much football. Follow him @boxangeles.