On the two-hundred and second Box Angeles writer Rob Kutner (Conan, The Daily Show) stops by Studio 309. He discusses growing up in Atlanta, attending Princeton, a brief stint in DC, and more!
The BA #202 Breakdown
– Box rants football players hitting their helmets together.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Atlanta and writing short stories.
– Applying for an internship at Mad magazine and attending Princeton.
– Writing for the humor magazine and doing improv.
– Visiting Israel after graduation and coming back to DC, working at temp agency.
– Moving to Los Angeles and doing data entry for Steven Spielberg.
– Submitting jokes to Dennis Miller and landing a writer’s assistant gig.
– The Daily Show, being hip pocketed and finding your own work.
– Writing a graphic novel and taking it to Comic Con.
– Rob describes what he does in three words.
– Rob answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Rob discusses what content he consumes and who he’d like to work with.
– Rob’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Untitled Pilsner
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder watches a lot of football. Follow him @boxangeles.