On the two-hundred and fourth Box Angeles writer Jessie Gaskell (Conan, Hello Ross!) stops by Studio 309. She discusses being an only child born in Panama, leaving LA to realize she wanted to be there, starting out as a PA, and more!
The BA #204 Breakdown
– Box rants distracted walking.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Born in Panama and moving around a lot.
– Being an only child and writing song parodies.
– Going to high school in San Luis Obispo and performing sketches.
– Attending UCLA and studying international development.
– Working at a think tank in DC and getting involved with improv there.
– Moving back to LA, working as a PA and taking UCB classes.
– Working at True Hollywood Story and becoming a writer at The Dish quickly.
– Getting some other shows and landing the sketch writing gig on Conan.
– Jessie describes what she does in three words.
– Jessie answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Jessie discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Jessie’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Untitled Pilsner
For more Jessie, follow her on Twitter @jessiestwats.
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder keeps his head when walking. Follow him @boxangeles.