On the two-hundred and fifth Box Angeles writer Isaac Aptaker (Grandfathered, About A Boy) stops by Studio 309. He discusses writing Boy Meets World scripts as a kid, attending NYU, hitting up mixers underage to find a job, and more!
The BA #205 Breakdown
– Box rants drivers license renewal.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Arlington, Massachusetts and writing a spec of Boy Meets World.
– Attending NYU for screenwriting and intern-ing a bunch.
– Being a creative director of a cookie company and filming a pilot with writing partner.
– Moving to Los Angeles and landing an assistant gig via mixers.
– A spec getting accept into Austin Film Fest and landing agents via rom com script.
– Getting Friends With Benefits, connecting with Dan Fogelman and show running.
– Isaac describes what he does in three words.
– Isaac answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Isaac discusses what content he consumes and who he’d like to work with.
– Isaac’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Untitled Pilsner
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder has a bad drivers license photo. Follow him @boxangeles.