On the two-hundred and eighth Box Angeles conlanger David J. Peterson (Game of Thrones, Penny Dreadful) stops by Studio 309. He discusses growing up in Orange County, drawing as a kid, studying linguistics, and more!
The BA #208 Breakdown
– Box rants neck rolls.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Orange County and drawing as a kid.
– Attending UC Berkeley and studying English.
– Going to grad school in San Diego and working at a community college.
– Being unemployed and winning a contest to create the Game of Thrones language Dothraki.
– Getting other work through word of mouth and not having an agent.
– David describes what he does in three words.
– David answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– David discusses what content he consumes and who he’d like to work with.
– David’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Untitled Pilsner
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder says goodbye to neck rolls. Follow him @boxangeles.