On the two-hundred and tenth Box Angeles writer Mark Titus (TheRinger.com) stops by Studio 309. He discusses playing basketball from an early age, the difficult decision chooses colleges, Jimmy Kimmel flying him to LA, and more!
The BA #210 Breakdown
– Box rants people on TV moving their eyes back and forth when looking at people.
– Drinking and rituals and improv.
– Growing up in Indianapolis and playing a lot of basketball.
– Joining club teams in third grade and playing with numerous future NBAers.
– Passing up scholarships to attend Ohio State and briefly being a student manager.
– Getting asked to walk-on the team and starting the Club Trillion blog.
– Gaining recognition and getting flown to LA by Jimmy Kimmel & Bill Simmons.
– Deciding to write a book and working with super agent James “Babydoll” Dixon.
– Starting to write for Grantland, The Ringer and avoiding the move to California.
– Mark describes what he does in three words.
– Mark answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Mark discusses what content he consumes and who he’d like to work with.
– Mark’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Untitled Pilsner
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder wants you to focus your eyes on one eye. Follow him @boxangeles.