On the two-hundred and eleventh Box Angeles actor Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken, The Goldbergs) stops by Studio 309. She discusses skipping a big audition for a marathon, growing up in Chicago, moving out of her parents house in high school, and more!
The BA #211 Breakdown
– Box rants referrals.
– Drinking and rituals and a marathon.
– Growing up all over Chicago and starting plays in 8th grade.
– Being a swimmer and cleaning houses / working at a pizza place.
– Moving out of the parents house in high school and taking improv classes.
– Qutting school, traveling to Lake Baikal for theatre and working at Crate & Barrel.
– Getting on the Second City Tour Co and doing industrials.
– Moving to Los Angeles, babysitting and Jeff Garlin recommending his agent.
– Dark periods, headshots and getting offers.
– Suzy describes what she does in three words.
– Suzy answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Suzy discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Suzy’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Untitled Pilsner
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder wants you to use his referral code. Follow him @boxangeles.