On the two-hundred and twelfth Box Angeles writer Mike Rotman (Politically Incorrect, Later with Greg Kinnear) stops by Studio 309. He discusses playing tennis as a kid, thinking about being a lawyer, how an earthquake got him his career, and more!
The BA #212 Breakdown
– Box rants the name “comic books”.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Connecticut and just sort of hanging out.
– Playing tennis and attending Syracuse for political science.
– Loving Boston and going to Emerson for a masters in copywriting.
– Getting an intern at the Chevy Chase Show right before it got cancelled and moving to LA.
– Landing a gig at The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno and then an earthquake.
– Writer’s assistant for Later w/ Greg Kinnear and submitting monologue jokes.
– Avoiding the union, Politically Incorrect and writing The Simple Life.
– Producing, having a ton of fun on Strip Poker and staying on people’s radar.
– Mike describes what he does in three words.
– Mike answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Mike discusses what content he consumes and who he’d like to work with.
– Mike’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Untitled Pilsner
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder doesn’t get comic books. Follow him @boxangeles.