On the two-hundred and thirteenth Box Angeles writer Karen Graci (Girlboss, Blue) stops by Studio 309. She discusses playing her in dad’s pizza shop as a kid, working in Vegas, and more!
The BA #213 Breakdown
– Box rants talking on phones in movies.
– Drinking and rituals and time.
– Growing up in Buffalo and playing at her dad’s pizza shop.
– Being close to her brother and performing in talent shows.
– Attending American University and for international relations, Russian.
– Studying abroad in St. Petersburg and studying the mafia.
– Traveling the country performing, stumbling on improv in DC and moving to Chicago to pursue it.
– Getting Second City Tour Co and doing a USO tour in the middle east.
– Performing 10 shows / week in Las Vegas, focusing on writing and being an assistant to a director.
– Karen describes what she does in three words.
– Karen answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Karen discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Karen’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Untitled Pilsner
For more Karen, follow her on Instagram @thatgirlkarengraci.
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder should be a movie consultant. Follow him @boxangeles.