On the two-hundred and fourteenth Box Angeles actor Cheryl Texiera (Girl Meets World, It’s Always Sunny) stops by Studio 309. She discusses recreating Back to the Future in her basement as a kid, briefly attending NYU, competing on So You Think You Can Dance, and more!
The BA #214 Breakdown
– Box rants singers touching the hands in the front row.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in New York and reciting Back To The Futuer in the basement.
– Getting into high school theatre and recording the performances.
– A tough audition for SUNY Purchase and attending Westchester Community College.
– Briefly going to NYU and getting a psych degree from Fordham.
– Opening a theatre company in NYC and getting into dance.
– Landing So You Think You Can Dance and moving to Los Angeles.
– Attending casting director workshops and bartending.
– Cheryl describes what she does in three words.
– Cheryl answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Cheryl discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Cheryl’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Untitled Pilsner
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder things singers should keep to themselves. Follow him @boxangeles.