On the two-hundred and fiftieth Box Angeles writer Eric Haywood (Empire, Soul Food) stops by Studio 309. He discusses playing Dungeons & Dragons as a kid, attending UW Milwaukee, directing music videos, and more!
The BA #215 Breakdown
– Box rants credit cards.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Milwaukee and writing a lot as a kid.
– Playing Dungeons & Dragons and recognizing his attraction to serialized storytelling.
– Avoiding sports and attending UWM for film-making.
– Directing some music videos in Milwaukee and finding an agent door to door in NYC.
– Moving to Atlanta to direct and working on making a film.
– Coming to LA and landing Soul Food.
– Dark period as an admin assistant and then working on Empire.
– Eric describes what he does in three words.
– Eric answers why show business, why Hollywood and his favorite part of LA.
– Eric discusses what content he consumes and who he’d like to work with.
– Eric’s favorite thing he has done (& least) and how he defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Untitled Pilsner
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder doesn’t get comic books. Follow him @boxangeles.