On the two-hundred and fiftheenth Box Angeles writer Melissa Hunter (Santa Clarita Diet, Maya & Marty) stops by Studio 309. She discusses growing up in Malibu, dancing as a kid, attending Northwestern, and more!
The BA #216 Breakdown
– Box rants electronic signers at stores.
– Drinking and rituals.
– Growing up in Malibu and collecting lizards.
– Signing with a manager as a kid and shooting an anti-smoking Super Bowl commercial.
– Dancing, volleyball and attending Pali High School.
– Going to Northwestern in Chicago and seeing shows at Second City / iO.
– Moving back to LA and interning at a production company / magazine.
– Making a web series called Let’s Get Laid and then taking comedy classes.
– Creating Adult Wednesday Addams and having to take it down.
– Doing a comedy pilot contest and landing Maya & Marty in NYC.
– Melissa describes what she does in three words.
– Melissa answers why show business, why Hollywood and her favorite part of LA.
– Melissa discusses what content she consumes and who she’d like to work with.
– Melissa’s favorite thing she has done (& least) and how she defines success.
– Choose your own adventure sign-off.
STUDIO BEER – Reel Brewery, Untitled Pilsner & Guest Beer St. Archer’s Mosaic IPA.
For more Melissa, follow her on Twitter @melissaFTW.
An aspiring actor, Mike ‘Box’ Elder things singers should keep to themselves. Follow him @boxangeles.